As many of you probably already know, we are publishing “snapshots” of the development of Minecraft. These are builds of the game that may contain incomplete features or other things that we are testing. These are uploaded separately from the launcher, and are an optional release for those of you who want a sneak peek of what’s new in the game.
This week’s snapshot contains the following changes (since last week):
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
- Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles (haha, lol…)
- Added multiple languages
- Added a “spawn mob” egg item to creative mode
- Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug
- Corrected a powered rail bug
- Corrected a redstone update bug
I would like to give a huge THANKS to all of you who helped out translating the game, and to the Minecraft Coder Pack team for helping out with the administration of the language files. Also a big thanks to Ryan ‘Scaevolus’ Hitchman for help with the Unicode rendering.
The language files are still work in progress, so translation errors and mistakes may still exist. As stated earlier, the snapshots are in development versions of the game :)
You download the snapshot files from here:
- Client http://assets.minecraft.net/11w49a/minecraft.jar
- Server http://assets.minecraft.net/11w49a/minecraft_server.jar
To use these, you need to replace the JAR file in the application folder and then start the game from the launcher. If you are not sure what I’m talking about, either search for help or wait until we’ve made an official release ;)
Edit: Forgot to mention the “spawn mob” egg item