Here's the next snapshot, 12w42b! We are pushing these very rapidly now because we need to get ready for the 1.4 pre-release (which needs to be out before the official release on October 24). Since yesterday's snapshot we've done...
- Falling sand now properly "pops" when falling on non-solid blocks (such as torches)
- The redstone repeater lock mechanism is now slightly more stable / predictable. It's still not 100% as we want it, but fixing it completely will require bigger changes that we've planned for Minecraft 1.5.
- Fixed tooltip width for renamed items
- Added a number of sound events, but the sound effects are not added yet
- Server ping will now tell if the server and client have mismatching protocol versions
- Updated translation files
Download the snapshot here:
- Client: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w42b/minecraft.jar
- Server: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w42b/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
If you don't have Minecraft you can download the launcher here: https://www.minecraft.net/download
// The Minecraft Team