We finally managed to locate and fix the reported performance issues of 1.5, so now it should be at least similar to the performance of 1.4.7. We also fixed a number of bugs (as seen in the snapshot release last week), and a couple more. The 1.5.1 patch notes are a bit simplified, though…
- Fixed a bunch of bugs
- Improved performance
- Notable: Falling blocks no longer glitch one step
- Notable: White stitching between blocks should be less frequent
- Notable: Crash on Mac OS X on “OpenGL Function Not Supported”
- Notable: Unable to place paintings
We intend to publish the release on Thursday, unless something nasty happens, or Searge of MCP asks us to wait for them to catch up.
Get the snapshot here:
- Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_1/minecraft.jar
- Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_1/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
Report bugs here (but please use the search function before you post duplicates!):
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams
EDIT: The minecraft.jar file has been re-uploaded to fix a null pointer crash. If you downloaded it yesterday (Tuesday), please get it again.