Time for the snapshot of week 4, 2012! List of changes:
- New jungle-specific mob that can be tamed
- Skeletons have new AI and a few new behaviors
- Various minor bug fixes and changes
- Added an experience item to creative mode
- Added a flame item…
- Updated language files
Get the snapshot here:
- Client: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w04a/minecraft.jar
- Server: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w04a/minecraft_server.jar
If you havent downloaded Minecraft you can grab it here: www.minecraft.net/download
As you know, Minecraft is run using the Light-weight Java Game Library (LWJGL). We’ve been using a really old version of LWJGL because last time we tried to update it the game broke down and became unplayable for a lot of people. We are going to try to update it again once we release Minecraft 1.2.
However, the recent LWJGL version (2.8.3) includes a bunch of fixes for those of you who play with non-latin languages. If you want to try it out (to be able to chat in Japanese or Korean, for example), you should go to LWJGL’s download page and get lwjgl-2.8.3.zip (link for the lazy). In it you will find a folder called “jar” and a folder called “native.” Pick the files in those folders and replace the files located in your “.minecraft/bin” and “.minecraft/bin/natives” folders. Chatting in Korean should be a lot easier now.
// jeb and jon