Important! This week's snapshot is extra experimental!
This week we've started working on separating the server logic from the client. The purpose of this is both to make it easier for us to add features (since we don't have to implement stuff "twice"), and also to make it possible for you to invite people to play on your local computer without setting up a server. In other words, more like how it works on Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
The work has not been completed yet, though, but a snapshot's a snapshot. However, the game should still run fine, and we've also made some other tweaks:
- More fixes to silk touch and block picking
- Wooden tools work in furnaces
- Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession
- Updated language files
Get the snapshot here:
- Client: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w18a/minecraft.zip* (See below!)
- Server: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w18a/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called "minecraft.jar" should be in your ".minecraft/bin" folder as usual, and the "minecraft_server.jar" file should be in a folder called ".minecraft/server".
If you havent downloaded Minecraft you can grab it here: www.minecraft.net/download
// The Minecraft Team