Today Oxeye are updating Cobalt to version 107-ALPHA, and we're pre-releasing Minecraft 1.3.2!
Cobalt 107-ALPHA has a long list of changes:
- Gas flames are not non-instant in the extension of the flame which makes them work better with bullet time.
- Button and Sensor triggers can now require both an id, or just an actor or item type, or both.
- Shield belt logic has been reworked. It now takes equal damage from all direction and instead of just deflecting all damage less than 1, it now has a fast recharching buffer which all weapons
- damage, and when the buffer runs out, the panic charge is issued giving a temporary high damage resistance.
- Beam gun ammo drain is less exponential at higher powers.
- Plasma weapons used to insta-gib shield wearing characters due to a bug, now the yellow shield correctly reports the damage done to the plasma bullet reducing its energy by the correct amount.
- Plasma weapons do less damage and more heat damage, meaning only hurting enemies will leave them with more relative health if left to cool off. (used to be equal amounts which rarely contributed to any strategy)
- when starting a new map directly from an old one through menu, teams and players are remembered as good as possible.
- 3 different activate_physics actions have now been merged to 1, and added the “grouped” boolean that will activate them all and glue them together.
- The double jump has been changed. It is now a “kick” and you can perform the kick once per jump, but it gets stronger if you charge it up by running. You can now double jump (kick), while rolling which will give you a speed boost in the direction you are facing in the roll.
- ... and 31 more changes on Oxeye's blog: https://www.oxeyegames.com/cobalt-v107-alpha-change-log/
- Split screen now plays sounds correctly for both views
- Localization files are now loaded from the my documents location too.
- Jet shoes had acquired a strange bug in some version which made jumping with it sometimes jerky (is now smoother)
- fixed the difference between placing snap and drag move snap.
- Menu now howevers on where it was left after going to menu instead of being misaligned by the “return to game”
- Hints for keyboard keys has been extended, now includes numpad keys and some other missing buttons.
- Teleporting 2 people no longers gets them stuck in perpetual teleportation
- Scoping long range weapons could make the aimer fall off the camera bounds, fixed!
- ... and 8 more bug fixes on Oxeye's blog: https://www.oxeyegames.com/cobalt-v107-alpha-change-log/
Cobalt is available for Windows only (but Mac and Linux are in the works). You can download and check the non-playable demonstration on www.PlayCobalt.com, or pre-order the game to get access to the alpha development versions.
You can follow Cobalt's development on twitter:
- @OxeyeGames (shared account)
- @vraket (lead developer)
- @Kinten (artist, level design)
- @_tomcc (Mac developer)
- @Frall_ (level design)
Minecraft update 1.3.2 is a bug-fix update that aims to fix the following:
- Fixed the falling-out-of-Nether bug
- Fixed the random-suffocation-damage bug
- Various uncommon crash bugs
Get the pre-release here:
- Client: https://assets.minecraft.net/1_3_2/minecraft.jar
- Server: https://assets.minecraft.net/1_3_2/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
The update will be put live on Thursday, August 16. This pre-release is mainly intended to prepare server admins and mod makers. If you are running a server, this 1.3.2 release is compatible with 1.3.1 clients, so you can update your server when-ever.
If you haven't downloaded Minecraft you can grab it here: www.minecraft.net/download
// The Minecraft Team