Another Thursday, another Snapshot. We’ve still been focusing on the launcher some more this week, but we had time to address a few things for 13w18a:
- Added a coal block.
- Start of a new texture loading system. May blow up.
- Added crafting recipes for leads and hay bales.
- Added horse armour to dungeons.
- [Bug MC-73] – Green arrow bug on maps in frames
- [Bug MC-590] – Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space
- [Bug MC-1320] – Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else
- [Bug MC-1980] – Despawning cured zombie
- [Bug MC-4631] – Lava decay fails to schedule block update
- [Bug MC-14221] – Blocks stop updating one minute after entering the Nether or the End
- [Bug MC-14586] – You can pick up command blocks with any pickaxe
- [Bug MC-14786] – Can't place carpet on translucent blocks
Fixed in ‘b’:
- [Bug MC-11033] – Item count / numbers randomly flickering in item bar, inventory, workbench
- [Bug MC-14926] – Cannot use resolution clock and compass textures with resolutions higher than 16×16
- [Bug MC-15020] – Animations are not working
- [Bug MC-15022] – fps drop due to new texture system while looking at horses
- [Bug MC-15027] – Crash on world load
- [Bug MC-15034] – Texturepack descriptions do not load
- [Bug MC-15036] – Riding horses into obstacles crashes the game
- [Bug MC-15038] – 13w18a crash using workbench
Fixed in ‘c’:
- [Bug MC-14632] – Enchanted Books dont show what tab is it
- [Bug MC-14979] – Wrong particle texture when changing texture packs ingame
- [Bug MC-15035] – Skins messing up
- [Bug MC-15041] – Breaking Item Frames causes a null pointer exception and crash.
- [Bug MC-15058] – Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException also Server side: SEVERE: End of Stream
- [Bug MC-15061] – Coal blocks do not burn away
- [Bug MC-15095] – Coal Blocks and Note Blocks
- [Bug MC-15096] – Game crashes on startup
To get the snapshot, use the new launcher available in the link below. To return to 1.5.2, simply start the old launcher and play as normal.
- Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/MinecraftDev.exe
- Mac/OSX: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/MinecraftDev.dmg
- Linux/Other: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/MinecraftDev.jar
- Cross-platform jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/13w18c/minecraft_server.13w18c.jar
- Windows EXE: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/13w18c/minecraft_server.13w18c.exe
Report bugs here:
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams