Since the first release of Minecraft – Pocket Edition, we’ve added a bunch of new thing and made massive improvements to the way things look.
Get ready for the biggest update yet! We hope you enjoy it!
– Minecarts, rails, and powered rails!
– The view distance has been massively increased. Check the options menu for more!
– New textures and colours taken directly from the PC version
– New blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more
– New crops and food types, including beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins. Now you can cook new soups, pies, and more!
– A bunch of new items for Creative and Survival, including clocks and compasses
– More blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: including jungle wood, ice, bedrock, shears, dyes, and tall grass
– New AI: mobs are now more intelligent and you can even breed your own animals
– A new Creative Mode inventory with tabs
– New functionality and tweaks to existing blocks and items. Bonemeal lets you grow new cool stuff!
– Improved lighting and fog effects
– Loads of bugs fixed, and possibly some added. :)