Update: Snapshot 14w34d has been released to fix the following bugs:
- [Bug MC-2292] - OS X: Ctrl modifier key instead of Cmd
- [Bug MC-3716] - Ender Pearls and Beds
- [Bug MC-4329] - Parts of enchanted Leather Armor when held don’t Shimmer
- [Bug MC-5215] - MobSpawner “MaximumNearbyEntity” Tag only has maximum range of 4 above and 4 below
- [Bug MC-9164] - Chickens will not follow Melon seeds, Pumpkin seeds, or Nether Wart
- [Bug MC-29711] - “Sprinting” While flying
- [Bug MC-48270] - Slimes appear for 1/2 a second in Peacefull
- [Bug MC-55045] - Race condition in linux fullscreen toggle
- [Bug MC-55172] - Mobs do not spawn at the heights 16, 32, 48, 64, 80… (Multiples of 16)
- [Bug MC-61601] - Bone meal used up when applying to fully grown crops
- [Bug MC-68232] - Some items are missing pixels in 3D models
Update: Snapshot 14w34c has been released to fix the following crashes:
- [Bug MC-44610] - Speeding up baby animal growth does not consume growth/breeding item
- [Bug MC-48011] - Ender dragon experience drops are not affected by doMobLoot gamerule
- [Bug MC-48577] - Item and XP drops are sucked towards the player’s feet instead of their chest/torso
- [Bug MC-51123] - Endermites spawn from thrown ender pearls even when doMobSpawning gamerule is false
- [Bug MC-57247] - Creative Inventory screen causes fps drop
- [Bug MC-57525] - Sponge absorbing bug
- [Bug MC-65815] - Baby villagers display blocks on their head in the wrong location
- [Bug MC-67659] - XPOrbs attracted to spectators
- [Bug MC-67830] - Ladder, torch and redstone torch texture are darker.
- [Bug MC-68034] - clone, fill, setblock leaving behind ghost entities
Update: Snapshot 14w34b has been released to fix the following crashes:
- [Bug MC-67915] - written_book item page text not backwards compatible with v1.7 saves
- [Bug MC-67974] - Crash when reaching y=254
- [Bug MC-67976] - Cannot place armor stands
- [Bug MC-67981] - Furnace Inventory is not being updated correctly / Furnace is generally unusable
- [Bug MC-67983] - Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
With some luck, this week may be the last week of 1.8 snapshots! We’re hoping to do a pre-release this Thursday if there are no major issues remaining in the snapshots by then. Please help us out by searching for issues on the bug tracker and voting up the ones that affect you!
- Features fixed.
- Bugs bettered.
- Optimizations overworked.
- Game grown.
- Humanity happened.
- [Bug MC-36812] - Chat Opacity Option is not working
- [Bug MC-50875] - “Can’t see up thru clouds” effect starting 1 block too high
- [Bug MC-51298] - Sign / Banner darkens when displaying tooltips (tellraw hover text, inventory, Player UUID in chat)
- [Bug MC-51610] - Item frame causing duplication when loading map (causing / caused by stack overflow)
- [Bug MC-61676] - Tab list expands too far and is unreadable
- [Bug MC-61946] - Rabbits sometimes have the name “entity.KillerBunny.name”
- [Bug MC-62166] - Breaking / placing / changing blocks has a delay to disappear / appear
- [Bug MC-62958] - Massive Visual Glitching with VBO turned off and Chunk distance over 16
- [Bug MC-67127] - Armor stands fall down through slabs when I’m not around
- [Bug MC-67854] - CustomNames on Spiders, Endermen and Ender Dragons are displayed incorrectly
- [Bug MC-67872] - Furnace progress reset on left/right-click drag
- [Bug MC-67890] - Heads On Tab Menu
- [Bug MC-67896] - armor stand dropped down a few level on it’s own
- [Bug MC-67916] - Sign doesn’t update with clone within tellraw sign
- [Bug MC-67923] - clone and fill sometimes leave behind ghost tile entities
- [Bug MC-67940] - Border of reset button in custom world option as incorrect limits
- [Bug MC-67941] - Potion particles goes wrong
- [Bug MC-67947] - Podzol does not change into dirt when sapling grows into tree
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w34d/minecraft_server.14w34d.jar
Report bugs here: