UPDATE: Snapshot 16w07b is now available.
A snapshot on a Monday? How is that possible? We could just pretend it’s Wednesday, or explain what’s going on. So, here we go:
It’s actually Wednesday, so all is good…
…just kidding. It’s not Wednesday and here’s the real reason:
As we get closer to the first pre-release for Minecraft 1.9, we will release snapshots more frequently to get more feedback on our changes and bug fixes. In this phase of development all the bug reports and feedback on Reddit or via Twitter are helping us a lot to work on the right issues to get to a stable release.
- Bugs fixed
- Removed the cages that were protecting the crystals during the dragon fight
- Treat every day as if it’s Wednesday internally
Bugs fixed in 16w07b:
- [Bug MC-2075] - Biome color change is abrupt
- [Bug MC-16234] - Crash when you open a chested horse inventory
- [Bug MC-55827] - Incomplete end portals can be activated.
- [Bug MC-85101] - Cast fishing rod doesn’t show casted/predicate tag “cast” doesn’t work as intended
- [Bug MC-85838] - Throwing a lingering potion close to a player centers it on the player
- [Bug MC-92093] - cannot setblock aged frosted ice, but you can clone it
- [Bug MC-94451] - Console Spam of vl@394114ec
- [Bug MC-96583] - Riding entities down elevation deals damage on dismount
- [Bug MC-96822] - Horses dismounting players/disappearing
- [Bug MC-97207] - /achievement doesn’t work
- [Bug MC-97225] - Subtitle mistakes / typos from 16w07a
Bugs fixed in this snapshot (16w07a, list updated):
- [Bug MC-1935] - Fence gate next to a wall has an incorrect hitbox
- [Bug MC-12427] - Mobs get stuck in the North-West corner of a fence
- [Bug MC-14946] - Performance on horses is broken
- [Bug MC-61535] - Horse breeding: Foal looks just like an adult horse
- [Bug MC-61765] - tellraw/books (json-stuff) doesn’t work with @e[…] and displaying its score
- [Bug MC-84095] - Ender Dragon destroys fireballs/Fireballs invisible
- [Bug MC-85132] - Leaves are not culled in fast mode
- [Bug MC-90591] - Elytra flight starts too early
- [Bug MC-92103] - Infinite momentum with Elytra and Slime Blocks
- [Bug MC-94438] - Massive Lag in any snapshots post-15w47c
- [Bug MC-95352] - Spatial target arguments “r”, “dx”, “dy”, “dz” behave unexpectedly and inconsistently
- [Bug MC-96815] - Horses do not jump!
- [Bug MC-96821] - Mobs and other players no longer turn their heads / Head rotation for all entities is no longer updated
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: