UPDATE: Minecraft snapshot 16w21b is now available
Last week the polar bears were released into the world. This week they can enjoy their peaceful life in a world with less bugs.
Some of the changes and new features are not 100% finalized and we are going to improve and balance them in the upcoming snapshots.
Most noticeable is the lack of sound effects for some of the new things in the game. There is no need to report them as bugs as we are fully aware of the issue and our sound magicians are already working on it.
Reporting bugs on our bugtracker is the best way to tell us about things that are horribly broken or even crash your game. Please make sure the issue is not already reported before posting a new ticket.
The bug tracker has a “search” function that will help you to figure out if there’s already a ticket about the problem you want to report.
- Bugs fixed
- More bugs fixed
- Removed some broken code
- Solved some reported issues
- Changed some incorrect things in the game
- Even more bugs fixed
- Added …
Bugs fixed in 16w21b:
- [Bug MC-102509] - Block breaking / fallingdust particles have the wrong colour
- [Bug MC-102511] - Lava texture is incorrectly displayed
- [Bug MC-102524] - Lighting bug in inventory
- [Bug MC-102543] - Everything related to structure blocks is black
Bugs fixed in 16w21a:
- [Bug MC-10046] - Random destination routine has a small statistical tendency to move more north west (fix included)
- [Bug MC-28424] - Untamed wolves and ocelots disappear
- [Bug MC-82425] - Insertion tag (tell raw) won’t work on servers
- [Bug MC-84422] - No teleportation from any vehicle
- [Bug MC-86295] - The Ender Crystal beam is going the other way
- [Bug MC-92165] - Minecarts won’t pick up entities
- [Bug MC-93642] - XPOrb texture turns gray right before reaching player
- [Bug MC-93830] - Wolf tail height is not based on ratio of Health to maxHealth
- [Bug MC-95910] - Unable to activate end portal with non-air blocks in the middle
- [Bug MC-95973] - Adult Horse/Donkey Pathfinding Issue: 1 block elevations treated as ‘non-traversable’ terrain in certain configurations
- [Bug MC-96131] - /execute detect command causing entities within a chunk to be scoreboard reset
- [Bug MC-96269] - Skeletons, stray, witches, blazes, guardians and snowman can’t shoot while in boats
- [Bug MC-97201] - Elytra stops working on relog
- [Bug MC-97526] - Signs, banners, skulls and chests are flashing when item spawner is nearby
- [Bug MC-97602] - Shift+clicking shield from inventory to shield slot
- [Bug MC-99945] - Cooked fish with numeric IDs not imported properly
- [Bug MC-101001] - Fishing rod cannot pull items
- [Bug MC-101680] - Batching chunks
- [Bug MC-102052] - Structure Blocks don’t save properly
- [Bug MC-102068] - “fallingdust” Particle doesn’t seem to work
- [Bug MC-102085] - New Polar Bear mob got stuck in standing position.
- [Bug MC-102091] - blocks hitbox/f3 crosshair issues
- [Bug MC-102103] - Savanna village blacksmith buildings burn themselves down
- [Bug MC-102119] - Polar Bear gets stuck in blocks when trying to chase the player
- [Bug MC-102209] - Structure Blocks melt snow
- [Bug MC-102238] - Surface-level Abandoned Mineshafts generate outside Mesa and its Variants
- [Bug MC-102278] - Mob pathfinding do not avoid the magma block
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: