What comes after 9? Well surprise, surprise: we’ve updated Minecraft to version 1.10! Get it hot off the stove in the Minecraft launcher.
The update contains changes for both the coldest and hottest areas of the Minecraft world. Polar bears roam the frozen plains, and a stronger kind of zombie may approach you in the deserts. There are also other additions you may find pleasant.
For instance, the update includes the second “technical block” after Command Blocks: the Structure Block. This block allows map makers to store templates of structures and place them dynamically with the help of Redstone trickery. Since it’s a technical block, you will not find it in the game menus, and is restricted to players who are admins in creative mode.
Here is a list of all the changes:
- Many bug fixes
- Added Polar Bear
- Added Husk and Stray
- An auto-jump option
- Improvements to some commands
- Structure blocks for custom maps
- Underground fossils made from bone blocks
- Added Magma Block
- Added Nether Wart Block and Red Nether Bricks
- Some huge mushrooms can be even larger
- A rare chance to find lonely trees in plains
- Find abandoned mineshafts filled with gold in mesa biomes
- Villages generate better paths between the buildings
- More variations of villages, based on the biomes they are built in
- Endermen have been spotted in the Nether
- Removed Herobrine