UPDATE: The beta is now live! Click here to sign up to the beta.
Who’s excited about 0.15, then? Judging by Shoghi’s inundated Twitter feed, quite a lot of you. We aren’t quite ready to tell you when it’ll launch, but we can tell you a few of the things you might find in it. We’ll be releasing an Android beta soon, so you’ll be able to explore some of the new features for yourselves.
Here’s some - but definitely not all - of what you’ll find in 0.15, aka The Friendly Update.
- Mysterious, as-yet-unspecified friendliness
- Pistons and sticky pistons!
- Observer blocks: new blocks that can detect changes in neighboring blocks
- Xbox Live Achievements on iOS and Android
- Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends!
- Leads, horses and dyeable horse armor!
- Fire charges
- Pig riding!
- A whole new UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition
- You can now tip arrows using a cauldron and potions!
- Husk zombies in the desert
- Stray skeletons in tundras
- Different villages in taigas and savannahs
- Skeleton horse traps!
- Online play uses less bandwidth now
- Note blocks are a lot louder now
- Walking far from spawn generates a lot less jittering now
- Added more mob eggs to the creative menu
- Fixed a lot of crashes!
- Fixed a couple of bugs causing data to be lost or world corruption
- A whole bunch of redstone fixes from the community feedback
- Lots of multiplayer desynchronization fixes
- Nether wart looks different when planted
- Less flickering of the block selection highlight!
- Glass doesn’t become green anymore
- Fixed chests generation in dungeons and desert temples
What other mysteries await to be uncovered in the beta? What’s so friendly about The Friendly Update anyway? When will it launch?
All these questions and more to be answered soon!
Right, I’m off to dig Shoghi out from a massive pile of Twitter mentions.
Marsh - @marshdavies