What’s this?! It seems that while I was all snoozed up in bed, our dogged dev teams toiled away to unleash the 0.15.4 update of Pocket and Windows 10 edition - which contains the all new and diabolical Villains Skin Pack.
Truly, evil never sleeps.
The changelog’s a bit of a whopper, and since all devices are now getting the changes from the 0.15.3 update (previously only available on Google Play) it’s even bigger than normal! Monstrous, you might even say.
If you find any pesky new bugs, please fill out a report on http://bugs.mojang.com
Click here to give us feedback about the new release on our official feedback.minecraft.net site- we want to know what you think!
Please note: we are aware of a possible crash when you set your draw distance to maximum on the 32-bit Win 10 edition if you have a discrete graphics card. We’re working on it!
- Villains skin pack!
- More localization fixes.
- Fixed the HUD moving when riding an animal in VR.
- Fixed a few texture issues.
- Some tweaks to Gear VR edition performance & experience.
- Increased draw distance for Win 10 edition.
- Fixed comfort issues caused by rain & snow in your face in VR.
- Lead lines no longer disconnect from the hand when jumping in Immersive Mode in Gear VR.
- Leads now display the correct texture & don’t cause crashes in Gear VR.
- Fixed a crash on the inventory screen.
- Horse container screen now keeps labels visible.
- Bone meal and spawn eggs now consumed in Survival mode.
- B button to quit from main menu works on Win 10 edition now.
- Fixed a crash when creating or entering a new world.
- Fixed a crash when traveling the world with render distance set to maximum.
- Worlds with UTF-8 symbols in their name are now displayed in the Play tab for Win 10.
- Fixed some issues with players creating new realms.
And here are the changes from the 0.15.3 update that previously only went out for Google Play, included for your reference.
- Multiplayer invite screen text alignment fixed
- Tweaks to moving blocks to make them work better & more consistently
- Fixes to horse breeding to make it consistent with other versions
- Tweaks to atlas generation
- Tweaked some Realms purchase functions
- Small tweak to mouse controls
- Store screen layout scales better now
- Players can now scroll through the list of friends in the Add Realm window using the controller.
- Inventory can now be opened when a player mounts a pig or horse/donkey/mule
- Zombies spawn with correct textures in desert biomes
- Nether brick fence fixed- attaches to cobblestone walls
- Fixed issue with friends list being cleared on signing out
- Fall damage for horses fixed
- Pressing X on the intro page signs the user out
- Removed phantom image of the currently equipped block when toggling a daylight sensor
- Fixed item duplication on fences bug
- Fixed some bugs with pistons (crashing, overwriting, taking power from wrong sources, syncing issues)
- Observer block placement fixed
- Glass and leaf blocks no longer going invisible when placed next to carpet, pressure plates and accumulated snow
- Fully grown crops now pop out of farmland when cut-off from light
- Fixed position of zombie jockeys
- Fixed crash when shooting an arrow from a dispenser at a TNT minecart
- Fixed assorted issues causing games to crash
Phew! So many bugs mercilessly smooshed.
Marsh - @marshdavies