It’s snapshot time again!
This snapshot gives you a lot of bug fixes and also a new gamerule! If you are longing for new features - don’t worry, since MINECON is very close now! And during MINECON we will give you info about several new exciting 1.11 features!
And this snapshot includes…
- The poor squids shouldn’t spawn in lava anymore. At least I would not enjoy spawning in lava
- We have a new gamerule: maxEntityCramming
- Mooshrooms now really appreciates to walk on mycelium. Probably it feels soft and cosy on their hooves
Bugs fixed in 16w38a:
- [Bug MC-3841] - Attacking an unsaddled pig while holding a saddle saddles the pig
- [Bug MC-36927] - Durability of Golden Swords occasionally dropped by Zombie Pigmen is not random (always 25)
- [Bug MC-46456] - Written books given by command crashes when copied in crafting table if “Author” is missing
- [Bug MC-61997] - squids spawn in lava
- [Bug MC-66946] - 2-block tall hitbox on small armor stands.
- [Bug MC-67406] - Small armor stands display items differently than normal ones
- [Bug MC-70424] - Baby Zombie Pigmen’s sword slightly tiled forward
- [Bug MC-70738] - Killing Guardian with Lava does not give Cooked Fish
- [Bug MC-80551] - You can place redstone, doors, rails etc. onto 7/8 layers of snow
- [Bug MC-86130] - Shields changes its base color when damaged & repaired / Crafting different in colors results in damage
- [Bug MC-86164] - armor stands can’t be renamed by name tag
- [Bug MC-89921] - Elytra not rendered on entities/mobs
- [Bug MC-91383] - Horses (now only skeleton horses and zombie horses) drop different amount of loot than before
- [Bug MC-92772] - Saddled pigs don’t drop saddle with doMobLoot=false
- [Bug MC-92776] - Ink sacs are fished in stacks of 1 instead of 10
- [Bug MC-93435] - Cobblestone walls listed in “Building Blocks” tab
- [Bug MC-93609] - Player is floating above the saddle of a mule
- [Bug MC-93824] - Feeding golden carrot to breed horse works if InLove is greater than 0
- [Bug MC-94476] - Killing Rabbits with Looting does not give more raw rabbit
- [Bug MC-94947] - Chicken “steping” sound still works when the chicken is swimming
- [Bug MC-95450] - Villager Loot Table missing
- [Bug MC-95469] - Middle click / pick block on farmland gives dirt
- [Bug MC-96499] - Boats collide with any entity (Arrows, Paintings, etc.) even if Marker:1b is on (armor stand)
- [Bug MC-98260] - Water bottles have inconsistent NBT tag depending on how you obtain them.
- [Bug MC-99602] - Impossible to detect Water Bottle from ocean in player’s inventory
- [Bug MC-100950] - Boats can travel / remain on the fog of lingering potion / dragon’s breath
- [Bug MC-101615] - Silverfish do more damage to players on easy difficulty than on normal difficulty
- [Bug MC-101642] - Iron golem / VillagerGolem is holding red flower client side 400 ticks too long
- [Bug MC-103339] - Mushroom Cows do not path to mycelium, but grass. Causes unintended spawning requirements
- [Bug MC-105071] - Random green/gray dot in anvil GUI
- [Bug MC-106485] - Banner applied to a Shield doesn’t change the shield correctly
- [Bug MC-106747] - Wither bosses break structure blocks / structure voids
- [Bug MC-106842] - Target selector stops parsing its arguments if an entry is not
- [Bug MC-106896] - Crash when using backspace after deleting all the characters in the name of anything with a custom one
- [Bug MC-107054] - lit_furnace item model but no item
- [Bug MC-107055] - 2 models for old wooden slab’s item
- [Bug MC-107062] - Hitting backspace in the anvil naming field when empty causes the game to crash
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: